Thursday, November 29, 2012

Tales - By Jordyn Trotter


Beaten, battered, weather worn
He walked into the room
Pants frayed and shirt all torn
He told us of his doom

“I sailed the seven seas,
To find my true love fair
The wind and jolly breeze
They would take me there

I stood atop the captain’s deck
For that was who I was
I would set sail on my trek
For that is what a captain does

I bellowed orders to my crew
They listened and obeyed
We took to the ocean blue
I would come to my lover’s aid

Now out at sea a storm blew in
The rain was never ceasing
The lightning struck again and again
The waves ever increasing

But I was not a fearful soul
Though my crew, they cowered
I was headed for my goal
Though the waves, they towered

Brave and strong
I faced it all alone
I sang a song
My spirits where not thrown.

My crew lost their grip
And they all fell overboard
But I went down with my ship
For the sea would be my lord

And so I died deep in the sea
But a message I did send
In a bottle my love would see
A message of my fatal end

And oh how she would miss me!”

We stared at him, but not in wonder
We knew him all too well
Saturday he commanded thunder
Yesterday he cast a spell

Once he fought a battle
Once he flew through the gales
Once he tamed a herd of wild cattle
Oh this man and his outlandish tales…   

By Jordyn Trotter




(Picture by Jordyn Trotter) 

1 comment:

  1. Really awesome twist at the end! As I was reading it I thought, "What? He died?!" Very clever. You did a great job and really show the power of words.

    ReplyDelete